Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 11:30:42
When I decided to transition UnCONventional
to color, one thing I didn't think about was how much more time I'd have to spend on backgrounds.
When the comic was black and white, I could just cheat a lot of the time - put the characters against a gradient and pretend it was a wall. Now, of course, that doesn't really work. It ends up looking like the characters are standing in an empty void.
Which would only be good if this actually took place in one.
Which it doesn't.
So I went and made more work for myself. No matter, it's not like I wasn't already doing the same for my other comic
- but it's one of those things I never thought about when I started planning the change.